We currently serve over 140 agencies in the following California counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Fresno, San Diego, and Sacramento.
The children and youth who receive our cakes come from different circumstances, but the one thing they have in common is: it hasn't been the easiest route. Many have moved from place to place, some have suffered abuse, some have seen a parent involved in domestic violence, and some have even had to endure human trafficking.
- Today there are around 60,000 foster children in California. On average a child typically stays in foster care for 2-3 years, and many end up staying in care for 5+ years
- Each year, 20,000 kids in foster care are left to care for themselves because they are too old and no longer qualify for placement with families or agencies
- The number of homeless children in the U.S. has surged in recent years to an all-time high: one child in every 30
- Nearly 270,000 students experience homelessness in California, representing 21% of the homeless students in the United States
- Human trafficking is the second largest international crime industry, worth $32B annually. Human trafficking of youth is sadly very prevalent in California - both labor and sex
- 15.5 million U.S. children live in families where domestic violence occurred at least once in the past year.
Children remain amazingly resilient even in the worst of circumstances but often they suffer from self-esteem issues and withdraw into themselves. At Cake4Kids, our goal is to deliver smiles to these children and in so doing help to raise their self-esteem.
If you are a social worker, case worker, or represent an agency and would like to receive cakes for your client,
please Contact Us.
HELP US DELIVER MORE SMILES TO CHILDREN - ONE BIRTHDAY CAKE AT A TIME