- You must be a good baker with reasonable decorating skills
- Take a look at our Cake4Kids Facebook page to see the different levels of baking and decorating skills...we post ALL of our sweet treats here
- The photos of cakes in our website gallery are mostly those from our cake contests and do not represent the average cake baked by our volunteers...in case they make you feel intimidated!!
- You also must be able to deliver the cake to one of our agencies during office hours Monday thru Friday
- If you'd like to check out where are agencies are, here is our current list to assist you. We update this on a quarterly basis.
It's easy and very rewarding to volunteer with Cake4Kids. Just follow this simple recipe!
- Complete our online volunteer registration
- Attend a short in-person orientation session one Saturday - this is mandatory
- Access our online cake calendar and decide which cake you fancy baking for a child
- You decide how many cakes you'd like to bake...we have no minimum requirements
- Once you have chosen the cake you want to bake, you buy the ingredients and set about baking and decorating the cake in your own home
- When your cake is ready, you deliver it to the agency and email us a photo of the cake
- When you complete the volunteer registration we will ask you for your driver's license # and auto insurance, because delivery of the cake is a requirement of volunteering for Cake4Kids
- Cake deliveries only take place Monday - Friday and are generally office hours
Please note: We are very serious about the quality of the cakes we bake for the children we serve. For that reason, if a child would like to volunteer, they must be at least 16. We also require a proof of age and will ask to see proof at the orientation session. If under 18 years of age, when you sign up with us, please supply your parent/guardian's name (and your first name), their email, phone number, driver's license and insurance details.
Already a volunteer? Log onto the Cake4Kids Baker Portal now!
HELP US DELIVER MORE SMILES TO CHILDREN - ONE BIRTHDAY CAKE AT A TIME