We currently serve over 140 agencies in the following California counties: San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Fresno, San Diego and Napa.
The children and youths, who receive our cakes, have all experienced different circumstances but the one thing they have in common is - it hasn't been the easiest route. Many experience moving from place to place, some have suffered abuse, some have seen a parent involved in domestic violence and some have even had to endure human trafficking.
- Today there are around 60,000 foster children in California. On average a child typically stays in foster care for 2-3 years and many end up staying in care for 5+ years
- Each year, 20,000 kids in foster care are left to care for themselves because they are too old and no longer qualify for placement with families or agencies
- The number of homeless children in the U.S. has surged in recent years to an all-time high, amounting to one child in every 30
- Nearly 270,000 students experience homelessness in California, representing 21% of the homeless students in the United States
- Human trafficking is the second largest international crime industry worth $32B annually. Human trafficking of youth is sadly very prevalent in California - both labor and sex
- 15.5M U.S. children live in families where domestic violence occurred at lease once in the past year.
Children remain amazingly resilient even in the worst of circumstances but often they suffer from self-esteem issues and withdraw into themselves. At Cake4Kids, our goal is to deliver smiles to these children and in so doing help to raise their self-esteem.
"THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH! The cake was BEAUTIFUL! And you made a whole family smile sooooo much today! And I heard it was his first birthday cake! Family was SUUUUUPER happy! And we manage to make it a surprise, as she was wishing for a birthday surprise"
“She loved the cake!! She was very excited for the cake. She had a rough month and this really brightened up her week. She shared it with her foster family and with friends at school the next day. The cake was so cute too! It was the perfect fit for her. Thank you for the cake!”
“First I want to say, this was the most beautiful gesture I have ever experienced. I, like many bay area parents, have worked my way up from living in a shelter with three children to now working three jobs to afford my very high rent, which leaves nothing for any extras besides basic necessities. My son was very aware that times were tough and his birthday would not be much but we would be together and that was most important. This program literally changed the entire feel of his birthday. Instead of disappointment masked with a smile like every other year, he was literally blown away and in his own words had never seen such a beautiful cake”
If you are a social worker, case worker or represent an agency and would like to request our birthday cake service, please email us at email@example.com.
HELP US DELIVER MORE SMILES TO CHILDREN - ONE BIRTHDAY CAKE AT A TIME